History

Founded in 1936 and known as the Alverno Campus elementary School until 1988, Woodlands School became a private, independent school in 1989. In 1996, Woodlands earned accreditation by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States. In 2003, Woodlands became a public, charter school through the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. In 2013, Woodlands School expanded to include a second campus, Woodlands State Street Campus (East), which is a replica of Woodlands School.

Both campuses offer an innovative educational program of excellence for the whole child in a multicultural environment that prepares the child for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing society.

Both campuses focus on the whole child forms the basis of the school’s educational philosophy. Woodlands develops lifelong learners through a multidisciplinary approach to learning for all grades beginning in preschool and continuing through eighth grade.

Download our Once Upon A Time Booklet here.