The Spanish program offers K4 through 8th grade students a unique opportunity to learn, communicate and create in a second language. The program keeps pace with best practices in foreign language education while connecting to the overall Woodlands curriculum and philosophy.
Its goals are:
- To build confidence and proficiency in communication through speaking, listening, reading and writing
- To empower children to exchange information and express ideas in languages other than English
- To integrate Spanish with other subjects
- To help develop critical thinking skills unique to language learning
- To develop insights and appreciation for all people and cultures, near and far, with whom we share the world